Afonso de Mori Ayres da Silva
Software developer - Remote, from Spain
Software Engineer with 15 years of experience, specialized in backend development using technologies such as PHP, Symfony, MySQL, and Doctrine. I also have knowledge of frontend and DevOps, and I easily adapt to different environments and projects. I am passionate about continuous learning and innovation, and I strive to stay up-to-date with trends and technological advancements, as well as to inspire and evolve my team.
Senior Backend Developer, Platinium Group S.A.M.
October 2023 – Present (2 mos) | Monaco, Monaco (Remote)
- Stack: PHP, Symfony, MySQL, ORM, Docker, RabbitMQ.
Senior Developer, Bitban Technologies S.L.
January 2020 – October 2023 (3 yrs 10 mos) | Madrid, Spain (Remote)
- Evolution of bCube Publisher, Bitban's proprietary Content Management System (CMS);
- Development of REST APIs and libraries in PHP 8 and using Symfony 5 components;
- Technical mentorship, helping teammates to achieve higher levels in programming and knowledge about Bitban's product.
Senior Developer, 014 Media S.L.
January 2019 – December 2019 (1 yr) | Madrid, Spain
- Analysis, design and development of projects in PHP/Symfony and MariaDB/Doctrine;
- Other roles included implementation of SCRUM in project management, server configuration, development of the team (training and guidance), and personnel selection.
Senior Developer, InterMundial XXI S.L.
June 2018 – December 2018 (7 mos) | Madrid, Spain
- Planning and migration of applications to the cloud with the infrastructure team, configuration of web servers and separation of environments (testing/staging/prod);
- Designed and developed from scratch a framework in bash script for compilation and deployment of projects;
- Development of REST API in PHP and MariaDB for integration with customers and suppliers;
- Training of the team in the use of git and improvement of the development flow with git-flow.
July 2016 – June 2018 (2 yrs) | USA, Brazil and Spain
- Winter English course at Florida International University - FIU (USA);
- Two semesters teaching English (trainee) at "Nove de Julho" University - UNINOVE (Brazil);
- Four-week Spanish course at Enforex Idiomas (Spain);
- Moved from Sao Paulo to Madrid (Brazil → Spain);
- Three months dedicated to updating my knowledge as a programmer, to return to the labor market.
Zocprint Serviços Gráficos LTDA
July 2013 – July 2016 (3 yrs 1 mo)
Senior Developer / DevOps, May 2015 – July 2016 (1 yr 3 mos) | Osasco, Brazil
- In April 2015, Zocprint was bought by the Digipix Group. I had an important role in the technological transition to the new company, being responsible for the maintenance of the web and its services, the development of REST APIs for integration between back-office systems, and responsible for training Digipix's infrastructure team in the technologies used by Zocprint;
- Infrastructure (Amazon Web Services), version control and software deployment (Jenkins/puppet).
Junior Developer, July 2013 – April 2015 (1 yr 10 mos) | Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Interact with Solr, Redis, Memcached and Rabbitmq.
- PHP Programmer, "São Camilo - ES" University Center, feb/2011–jun/2013
- Web Developer and Technical Support, HS Serviços e Soluções Web LTDA, jul/2010–jan/2011
- Web Developer (trainee), "São Camilo - ES" University Center, aug/2008–jun/2010
- IT Assistant, Mameri Rochas LTDA, oct/2007–jul/2008
- Computer Trainer, Arte & Imagem Informática, feb/2005–oct/2006
Systems Analysis and Development, "Nove de Julho" University - UNINOVE
Technologist Degree, 2014–2016
- Homologated in Spain to the title of Higher Technician in Development of Web Applications.
- Portuguese – Native.
- Spanish – Bilingual proficiency.
- English – Full professional proficiency.
- Back-end: PHP, Symfony; Java, Spring; MariaDB/MySQL, Doctrine, Hibernate.
- Infrastructure: Bash; Linux servers (Debian/Ubuntu/CentOS); Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Web servers: Nginx, Apache.
- Other skills: Git/git-flow; Docker; Jenkins; Scrum; Kanban; Continuous Integration; Kotlin, Android.